Subscribe to updates

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Doing Something Green




Instead of sending my delicate silks to the cleaners to be dry cleaned with poisonous petroleum based solvents, I thought I should try to hand wash them instead. I had bought a special gentle soap that contains a  colorguard that prevents the colour from running when wet. Well, the reason we send our clothes to the dry cleaners is because the colour runs when washed at home.. I tested my clothes first with a little soap, and voila, the water was clear.It works.So I proceeded to wash and rinse all my clothes I had reserved specially for the cleaners. After washing them, I just let them drip dry in the bathroom. Drip- drying would make ironing easier as there would be less creases.

As the hot whether continues I have no worries.My clothes would dry in no time even when hung in the bathroom.



















No comments: